Just woke up? Start here

The creepy girl suddenly grabs your arm tightly, staring even harder at it this time. You flail about, but she has your arm in a vice grip and you can’t let go.
Keshla - Excuse me!
You - Hey! What in the hells do you think you’re doing?! Let go!
Creepy Girl - Hang on like, ooooone more second.
You - N-… NO! Let go now! What are you trying to do, rip my arm off??
Creepy Girl - I’m not sure yet. Right now it’s more curiosity than anything :P
Gods, she is strong! You finally manage to whip your arm out of her bloody steel claws and take a step back.
==

The creepy girl suddenly grabs your arm tightly, staring even harder at it this time. You flail about, but she has your arm in a vice grip and you can’t let go.

Keshla - Excuse me!

You - Hey! What in the hells do you think you’re doing?! Let go!

Creepy Girl - Hang on like, ooooone more second.

You - N-… NO! Let go now! What are you trying to do, rip my arm off??

Creepy Girl - I’m not sure yet. Right now it’s more curiosity than anything :P

Gods, she is strong! You finally manage to whip your arm out of her bloody steel claws and take a step back.

==


Keshla smiles, and as you reach for your coin purse, you begin to realize how cute Keshla is. Maybe this trip won’t be so wasted after all~
You - Hey, so how much would it be for a bedroll and a canteen? Maybe a backpack as well?
Keshla thumbs through her price book.
Keshla - Well, together that would bring you up to about thirty gold, the rings included. Did you need a tent?
You - No, I should be-
You - I’m sorry, can I help you?
You ask the girl who you’re pretty sure you just noticed sliding uncomfortably close towards you. She tilts her head and looks at your arms.
Creepy Girl - Oh, you know. Nothing. But hey, enough about me, where did you come from, stranger?
You - My parents. Could you excuse me a second?
Keshla - Miss if you wait one moment I’ll be right with you-
==

Keshla smiles, and as you reach for your coin purse, you begin to realize how cute Keshla is. Maybe this trip won’t be so wasted after all~

You - Hey, so how much would it be for a bedroll and a canteen? Maybe a backpack as well?

Keshla thumbs through her price book.

Keshla - Well, together that would bring you up to about thirty gold, the rings included. Did you need a tent?

You - No, I should be-

You - I’m sorry, can I help you?

You ask the girl who you’re pretty sure you just noticed sliding uncomfortably close towards you. She tilts her head and looks at your arms.

Creepy Girl - Oh, you know. Nothing. But hey, enough about me, where did you come from, stranger?

You - My parents. Could you excuse me a second?

Keshla - Miss if you wait one moment I’ll be right with you-

==


As you take your first steps truly into the store and up to the counter, the shopkeep turns and smiles at you,

Shopkeep - Ghanji, medhta’zhe! Welcome to Bits and Ends. I’m Keshla, how may I help you?

You - Er, ghanji. I was wondering if you had a few basic travelling supplies, and-

You grab one of the rings out of the display case arbitrarily,

You - How much are these?

Keshla - Ah, the Guess Alignment rings. Let me just check my price book.

Keshla ducks behind the counter and rustles around. While she does, you can’t help but notice the other bleeding girl eyeing you intently. You’re pretty sure you’ve never met her before, but… You don’t have an acquaintances list or a revenge-warranting list, at least not on hand, so you’re at a loss.

Keshla pops back up from around the counter.

Keshla - So the Guess Alignment rings are three gold a piece. Though there’s a special deal where if you get three it’s only seven total!

You - Why would anyone need a ring that guesses alignments? How accurate is it?

Keshla laughs,

Keshla - They’re just silly joke rings. The kids love the ring display case; they all have bizarre enchantments on them.

You decide this would be the best chance to prank your bitch sister.

You - I’ll take three.

==


You make your way semi-clumsily but still in a badass sort of way over to the general store, and use your body weight to push the door open. As you do, you look about yourself to see just how pathetic this town is.

Fortunately, one of the first things you notice is, unlike the merchant’s stall this store actually has a good amount of… well, goods. The next thing you notice is the other bleeding girl who looks confused in the store. Damn, she looks like she’s been through at least two hells.

You probably don’t look that great yourself, but you’re pretty sure there are more important things at hand: The supplement ring!

You see some rings off on one of the corners of the store’s counter in a display rack. Maybe you can get this Sister-in-Ears behind the counter to help you out a bit. Your Elvish is a bit rusty but you could probably weasel in a discount or something.

==


Tell the merchant you’ll be back and go to the general store to get supplies and a ginger guild member. Buy a mood ring for two gold and proceed with the old switch bullshit and then steal his scarf, bind your wound with his scarf as you and ginger mcguild leave town
You’re pretty sure you could pick up a considerably cheaper ring, maybe a mood ring or some shit, in the general store across the street, and with that you can make the stealth trade for what you really want.
You - Ok, hey listen, I’m going to go grab some supplies and see if that ginger Guildee is hanging out in the general store and then I’ll be right back.
Merchant - Do whatever, I don’t care.
You let out a frustrated sigh and turn to the general store. You think maybe you could convince the Guildee to at least escort you to the next town or give you some information or something. Maybe just rob her, you’re not sure. You’re pretty sure you’ve lost a lot of blood.
==
  • Tell the merchant you’ll be back and go to the general store to get supplies and a ginger guild member. Buy a mood ring for two gold and proceed with the old switch bullshit and then steal his scarf, bind your wound with his scarf as you and ginger mcguild leave town

You’re pretty sure you could pick up a considerably cheaper ring, maybe a mood ring or some shit, in the general store across the street, and with that you can make the stealth trade for what you really want.

You - Ok, hey listen, I’m going to go grab some supplies and see if that ginger Guildee is hanging out in the general store and then I’ll be right back.

Merchant - Do whatever, I don’t care.

You let out a frustrated sigh and turn to the general store. You think maybe you could convince the Guildee to at least escort you to the next town or give you some information or something. Maybe just rob her, you’re not sure. You’re pretty sure you’ve lost a lot of blood.

==


You think back to your family, and wish that your aunt was still alive. She loved tacky jewelry, you’ve been told, and had you formed some kind of attachment to her as you’re known to do with people, she may have bestowed a few lame rings your way that you could use to secretly and awesomely swap with the ring before you.
However, Daddy killed your aunt some time before you were born, since she was competing with him for the love of your mother. You’re not sure what stance your mother took on the matter, as with most things there was no allowance for follow-up questions.
You do wish you could kill your own sister so easily. That waste of life.
You’ll have to think of another robbery plan…
==>

You think back to your family, and wish that your aunt was still alive. She loved tacky jewelry, you’ve been told, and had you formed some kind of attachment to her as you’re known to do with people, she may have bestowed a few lame rings your way that you could use to secretly and awesomely swap with the ring before you.

However, Daddy killed your aunt some time before you were born, since she was competing with him for the love of your mother. You’re not sure what stance your mother took on the matter, as with most things there was no allowance for follow-up questions.

You do wish you could kill your own sister so easily. That waste of life.

You’ll have to think of another robbery plan…

==>


Discreetly check your inventory list to see how much money you have and then store it in your left boot because left and list are really close to being the same word maybe probably in some language. Put your coin purse on the table as a shield so you can switch the magic ring for the ring your aunt gave you (which you forgot about til just now) and tell the merchant you’ll think about it.
After a brief moment of analyzing, your brain comes to the conclusion that 200 is still more than you’re willing to pay for your potential doom. That, and you’re pretty sure you couldn’t even afford that. You really don’t have any good idea how much money you have, which then reminds you that all your lists were on your head! Which could’ve been super dangerous, but the hat did look really badass.
You take your paper hat into your hands and unfold the paper, hmm-ing to yourself as you do, to imply to the merchant a check of inventory. You pocket the beacon poster and the ancillary lists into your left boot, hoping the similar letters will help you remember where you stored them. There’s been a lot of confusion today. You then look over your inventory list, which has on it your current funds.
It looks like you have 367 gold. Oh! Ok, that’s actually not that bad. However, you’ll need to use some of the money for the trip home, and realizing if you bought the ring you’d only have 167 for food and such, you decide to instead implement some of your thieving skills.
==
  • Discreetly check your inventory list to see how much money you have and then store it in your left boot because left and list are really close to being the same word maybe probably in some language. Put your coin purse on the table as a shield so you can switch the magic ring for the ring your aunt gave you (which you forgot about til just now) and tell the merchant you’ll think about it.

After a brief moment of analyzing, your brain comes to the conclusion that 200 is still more than you’re willing to pay for your potential doom. That, and you’re pretty sure you couldn’t even afford that. You really don’t have any good idea how much money you have, which then reminds you that all your lists were on your head! Which could’ve been super dangerous, but the hat did look really badass.

You take your paper hat into your hands and unfold the paper, hmm-ing to yourself as you do, to imply to the merchant a check of inventory. You pocket the beacon poster and the ancillary lists into your left boot, hoping the similar letters will help you remember where you stored them. There’s been a lot of confusion today. You then look over your inventory list, which has on it your current funds.

It looks like you have 367 gold. Oh! Ok, that’s actually not that bad. However, you’ll need to use some of the money for the trip home, and realizing if you bought the ring you’d only have 167 for food and such, you decide to instead implement some of your thieving skills.

==


The merchant sighs and leans back a bit,
Merchant - Ok, what if I sold it at 200 gold instead? Would that get you to stop spilling everywhere? And you look awful, I don’t want to have to deal with a dead elf at my stall either.
200 is better than 300. At least, you’re pretty sure it is, but your brain is having some issue with basic math, since it’s trying to compensate for the loss of blood.
Either way, deal on or off?
==>

The merchant sighs and leans back a bit,

Merchant - Ok, what if I sold it at 200 gold instead? Would that get you to stop spilling everywhere? And you look awful, I don’t want to have to deal with a dead elf at my stall either.

200 is better than 300. At least, you’re pretty sure it is, but your brain is having some issue with basic math, since it’s trying to compensate for the loss of blood.

Either way, deal on or off?

==>


  • Threaten with “I’ll stop bleeding on your stall if you give me the ring” then make a bandage from his neck wrap and go meet your red head

Just as you realize you’re completely done with this merchant’s run-about bargaining techniques and halfhearted advice, you also note that there isn’t any reason you shouldn’t be able to do some bargaining of your own.

You slap your wound, flinching only a tiny bit under the pain. The merchant cocks an eyebrow.

You then slam your bloody hand down on the stall counter.

Merchant - W-.. what are you doing?

You smear your blood along the counter of the stall.

You - What do you mean?

Merchant - Stop. Stop doing that. Cut that out.

You - Cut what out?

You wipe a little more blood on the counter-top.

Merchant - You’re wiping your inside juice on my stall! Cut that out!

You lean in,

You - How about you give me that ring and I’ll stop painting the town red.

You - ….

You - And by the town I mean your stall.

==


Also maybe a medic. Try to flirt with a doctor idk
You - Is there at least a proper doctor or something around? I’m pretty sure this blood loss is starting to get a little dangerous.
You twirl your foot in your own blood a little, making some bizarre little picture beneath you.
Merchant - Well, I suppose you could try the local clinic, but I doubt you’ll be able to get the doctor to pay you any mind. Even if she did, she’s a bit of an… eccentric. Came from some big dwarven medical school. Or was expelled? I don’t really go in there if I can avoid it.
You - Why not? Shouldn’t doctors be concerned with people bleeding out? And why didn’t you mention the clinic when you saw me bleeding in the first place?!
The merchant shrugs,
Merchant - Hey, I gotta make a living too. Besides, healing potions don’t ask questions, like “So why are you bleeding” and “How legal are your in-town activities”. But I can understand not wanting to bleed out. Like, I get that.
You scratch your chin. You do have a lead for that redheaded girl, but then you could also risk the doctor or the ring.
You also really wish you weren’t bleeding out right now.
==>
  • Also maybe a medic. Try to flirt with a doctor idk

You - Is there at least a proper doctor or something around? I’m pretty sure this blood loss is starting to get a little dangerous.

You twirl your foot in your own blood a little, making some bizarre little picture beneath you.

Merchant - Well, I suppose you could try the local clinic, but I doubt you’ll be able to get the doctor to pay you any mind. Even if she did, she’s a bit of an… eccentric. Came from some big dwarven medical school. Or was expelled? I don’t really go in there if I can avoid it.

You - Why not? Shouldn’t doctors be concerned with people bleeding out? And why didn’t you mention the clinic when you saw me bleeding in the first place?!

The merchant shrugs,

Merchant - Hey, I gotta make a living too. Besides, healing potions don’t ask questions, like “So why are you bleeding” and “How legal are your in-town activities”. But I can understand not wanting to bleed out. Like, I get that.

You scratch your chin. You do have a lead for that redheaded girl, but then you could also risk the doctor or the ring.

You also really wish you weren’t bleeding out right now.

==>